PA MANDATED IMMUNIZATIONS
Get written documentation from your doctor if your child gets any immunizations and send it to the school health room!
Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA.CODE CH.23 (School Immunization)
Children IN ALL GRADES need the following:
- 4 doses of diphtheria* - 4th dose on or after the 4th birthday
- 4 doses of pertusis* - 4th dose on or after the 4th birthday
- 3 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 doses of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
*Usually given as DTP or DtaP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
Click here for requirements.
Children Entering 7th Grade need the following:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, accellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization)
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
Information: Contact your health care provider or 1-877 PA HEALTH
DON'T WAIT -----------VACCINATE NOW
What would happen if we stopped vaccinations: Click Here
Under Pennsylvania State Immunization Laws, seventh grade students who have not met the Immunization requirements will be able to attend school on provisional enrollment. Before the first day of school, the parent/guardian must submit a written plan for the completion of the immunization requirement. Under state law, "If the requirements are not met, the school administrator shall undertake suspension procedures." Families with moral or ethical objections to immunization have religious exemption and must submit a written statement to the health office. Students having medical exemption must provide written statement from the private physician.
Free immunizations for those who meet the criteria.
If you do not have insurance or health coverage, shots can be obtained free of charge at the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Please call: 724-684-2945 for an appointment.